About KGV Re-Development
The Guernsey Sports Commission has been approached by the Trustees of the KGV to come up with a scheme to re-generate and enhance the whole of the existing facility and add on supplementary facilities.
It is intended that the project will be constructed in three phases:
Phase 1: DONE
Phase 1: DONE
Construct a mixed use all-weather playing surface, drainage works, grass pitches, cricket nets, pathways and works to all existing and new perimeter trees. Create temporary accommodation for the Dyslexia Day Centre.
Phase 2:STARTED FEBRUARY 2016
- Demolish and build new extended changing rooms block.
- Form extended accommodation for sports administration offices and a new base for Headway.
- New layout for Spensley Room to accommodate community activities.
- Re-establish a lift to all floors and build a new kitchen on first floor.
- Form an escape staircase through the building to a ground floor escape door.
- Construct a new entrance lobby.
- Establish a new cafe and seating area, to include outside terrace on ground floor.
- Establish new layout with toilets to ground floor.
- New bar layout and balcony seating/viewing area.
- Erect a new picket fence demarcation line, construct hard landscaping and form a patio and a kiddie’s play area.
- Form accommodation for the Dyslexia Day Centre, general meeting rooms with spectator balconies within the roof space.
- Construct new grounds men’s workshop, yard and storage facilities.
Complete all the site works, car parking and landscaping, including the new entrance/exit road.
Construct a Rotunda Viewing Platform with Bandstand and complete all site works adjacent to the building, including a performance area with some fixed seating and exterior lighting.